Ministry of Inter-Provincial Coordination
- Constituted in 1972 but abolished and re-established a few times
- During abolition, functions remained attached to Education, Finance and Cabinet Divisions.
- Constituted as an independent Division first on 23rd May 1992, subsequently abolished.
- Re-established as a Division in 1996 and abolished within a few months, and re-established in March 2007.
- Made full-fledged Ministry in November 2008.
Inter-Provincial Coordination Committee (IPCC):-
IPCC was re-constituted vide this Ministry’s O.M No.1(3)/2011-IPC-I dated 26th April, 2011 with following composition and TORs:-
• Minister for IPC Chairman
• Chief Minister of Provinces Members
• Federal Minister In-charge concerned Member
with the subject matter (by special invitation)
Chief Secretaries of the Provinces and Federal Secretaries concerned with the subject are to be invited to attend the meeting by special invitation.
Terms of Reference (TORs)
i. General Coordination between the Federal Government and the Provinces in economic, social and administrative fields.
ii. Promoting uniformity of approach in formulation of policies and their implementation by the Provinces and the Federal Government in all Fields of common national concern.
iii. Discussion of policy issues emanating from the Provinces that have economic, social or administrative implications for the country as a whole.
iv. Any other matter referred by a Province or any of the Ministries or Divisions of the Federal Government.
Meetings of Inter Provincial Coordination Committee :-
27 meetings of IPCC have so far been convened. Detail of the same is as under:-
Ø 1st meeting 13th January 1993
Ø 2nd meeting 11th April, 1993
Ø 3rd meeting 16th September, 1997
Ø 4th meeting 4th April, 1998
Ø 5th meeting 3rd May, 1999
Ø 6th meeting 30th May, 2000
Ø 7th meeting 25th May, 2004
Ø 8th meeting 18th September, 2006
Ø 9th meeting 16th December, 2006
Ø 10th meeting 9th April,2007
Ø 11th meeting 23rd October, 2007
Ø 12th meeting 5th January, 2009
Ø 13th meeting 2nd Feb. 2009
Ø 14th meeting 8th July, 2009
Ø 15th meeting 2nd February, 2010
Ø 16th meeting 11th February, 2010
Ø 17th meeting 4th March, 2010
Ø 18th meeting 25th March, 2010
Ø 19th meeting 17th April, 2010
Ø 20th meeting 17th February, 2011
Ø 21st meeting 3rd January, 2013
Ø 22nd meeting 31st March, 2015
Ø 23rd meeting 6th May, 2015
Ø 24th meeting 9th December, 2015
Ø 25th meeting 7th Sept. 2017
Ø 26th meeting 19th Sept. 2017
Ø 27th meeting 9th Oct. 2017